Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Alone with Owen

Dave hit a deer this morning on his way to work. He's o.k.; the deer's not. But he did have to come home and get things arranged to get his car back on the road. So while he was home, he decided to take Maggie with him to go get some sand for the mudroom foundation. So that left me at home with just Owen and Bodie.

It was eerily quiet without the extra little voice. And I guess since Owen didn't have his usual sparring partner around, he was quiet too. So we decided to do a craft. I checked out Wondertime and printed out the farm cutting page. He had so much fun, he actually sat in the chair and colored and cut and glued for over an hour. Of course he took a break now and then to discuss his soccer team and the dead copperhead snake PeePaw brought by (so Mommy would stop calling him every other day to question the markings of one snake or another I find around). It made me realize that he's ready to be doing a little more to prepare for school. He hasn't really napped since I can't remember when, so I think I'm going to start spending some one on one time with him while Maggie naps.


Here he is in action:















And with the finished project. Check out his face, he was so proud of himself!


No comments: