Sunday, March 23, 2008

One

Dear Bodie Quinn,

Today you are One. That's just silly. I mean, One? Who's One?

You a such a little ray of sunshine! Everyday I'm thankful for your big toothy grin. I thought I'd never see anything as cute as your gummy grin, but I think teeth suit you! You have been such an easy baby! You hardly ever complain, and you're content to just crawl around between everyone else's legs, seeing what you can get into.

Your personality is definitely starting to show, though. It's not as easy for your brother and sisters to pry something out of your fist, or your mouth. You're very vocal, which some people might describe as LOUD, but in this house, you have to be loud to be heard.

You LOVE to eat. You sing a little song and rock back and forth when you eat. You love food of all kinds, but you're especially fond of ice cream. It makes you scream with delight! Another of your favorites is red hots. Once you happened upon a red hot on the floor of Molly's room (imagine that), and it promptly went in your mouth. When I realized what it was, I tried to get it out quickly, because I thought it would burn your mouth, but you weren't having it. Since that day, I've caught you with red hots in your mouth at least twenty times. I'm not sure where you've got them stashed, but you sure do like them!

Ever since you were a newborn, you've done this cute little thing with your foot, where you roll it kind of like you're trying to crack your ankle. I'm not sure why, but that really tickles me. You do it all the time. You also like to bounce in your crib, holding onto the side rails. In the middle of the night when you wake up, sometimes the only thing I can see in the dark is the moonlight shining on your blonde, almost-bald head bouncing up and down to beat the band. It makes me smile even though it's three a.m. and I'm tired as all get out.

It's been a great year. You've grown and changed so much, and it's all gone by so fast. A lot of our firsts are over now, but I know there are many more to come.

Happy Birthday, Little Man! I love you!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: