Monday, October 8, 2007

Pillowcase Dress


I've decided that sewing is a good way for me to maintain my sanity so I'm damn well going to find some time to do it. I'm horrible at finishing projects, but was able to do this in just a couple of hours so I started it last night and finished it up this morning while the kids were in occular lock watching Diego. Blush.


I found this cute little vintage pillowcase at an estate sale and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was destined to become a dress for my little cowgirl. It was backed in this ugly feedsack fabric and wasn't quite long enough, so I improvised by changing the backing and adding a little ruffle on the bottom. I'm quite proud of it, actually; especially since I tend to shy away from any sewing project that doesn't use a pattern. Of course it's going to be too cold soon for a sundress, but I think it would still be hella cute with a turtleneck and some tights.

No comments: