Monday, August 31, 2009

Not a good start.

As many of you know, we have decided to keep the older boy kid at home this year and do Kindergarten with him here, and we'll reevaluate the situation next year. 

I was so gung-ho for this homeschooling year to start.  I bought binders, and file boxes, and freshly sharpened pencils.  I spent hours perusing the internet for fun crafts and activities and worksheets.  I also bought uniforms.  Yes, I did.  But, that's another post.

The electronic gods are not smiling down on my homeschool efforts.  First, the monitor died.  Then, the printer cartridges needed replaced.  $175 later, I thought I was ready to sit down and print off some of that fun stuff I'd spent the last three weeks' worth of naptimes bookmarking.  Today was the day.  And now, the printer heads are bad.  So today I spent naptime trying to clean the damn things, which didn't work (of course it didn't work).  Naptime is over and I'm no closer to my nice organized homeschooling dream than I was three hours ago.  But I'm more pissed than I was three hours ago.  Humpf.  Now the debate is whether or not to brave the idiot-infested Walmart to get a $39 printer or have it shipped for 97 cents, save my sanity, but not be able to print anything until Wednesday. 

Grrrrrr.

No comments: