Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat?

I finished the monkey, so there! Isn't he cute? And check out my little Witchlings! No one "got" the theme we had going on. Maybe if Owen had cooperated and dressed up like a Winkie Guard instead of this....whatever this is...super scary skeleon man, I guess. Anyway, I took about 400 pictures on my parents' front porch and this was the best I could get. This Halloween was just plain insane. Each year I think maybe it can't get crazier, but it always does.

Those of you who know Bodie know he's a man of few words. He really only talks about things that are important to him. He added another phrase to his repetoire: "treat-treat". And he perfected "thank you" and "bye" while he was at it. It took him one house to catch on to the idea that this whole dressing up like a goof and knocking on stranger's door equaled candy. And it took him just a few minutes to discover that if you chew a small hole in the corner of a Hershey bar wrapper, and then squeeze the bar in your hands, you can actually suck the chocolate through the hole.
You thought I was kidding about the brain for dinner, didn't you. Well, it's true. And here's picture to prove it. The really funny part is that I managed to actually convince Owen that I had slain a monster, cooked its brain for dinner, cooked some bats (bowtie pasta) in its guts, and floated its eyeballs in a dish. Seriously. Funniest. Thing. Ever.

Have I mentioned Maggie really loves her cat? But what Witch doesn't love her cat, right?

No comments: