Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Day...AGAIN!

We're fairly sick of winter around here. Today we awoke to yet more white stuff covering the roads and cancelling the schools. It was too cold to go out this morning, but we managed to bundle everyone up for an afternoon outing. I always have fun in the snow with the kids, but it's the preparationg that I find so daunting. Getting two kids into snowsuits, hats, mittens and boots is HARD....getting four ready is, well, twice the pain in the ass. I work up such a sweat wrestling everyone into their gear that I'm surprised I don't catch pneumonia once my body hits the cold air.
I think it was Bodie's first time in the snow, since we usually go out during his nap. He was less than thrilled, as you can tell. The others loved it, though. Suddenly the slide was turned into a rocket launcher :) Once we found the sled (no matter how many times I repeat myself about putting the sled somewhere where it won't get SNOWED on, no one seems to listen) Molly and Owen had a few good runs down the hill. It scares the crap out of me - I can just see someone being propelled all the way into the road.

All in all, a good day, despite the cold. And we capped it off with some really good pork chops on the grill. Did I mention that we're sick of winter?

No comments: